POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : professional animation management : Re: professional animation management Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:39:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: professional animation management
From: Gwen & Emory Stagmer
Date: 21 Sep 2002 13:34:29
Message: <3D8CAEE0.56A391C5@comcast.net>
Hermite curves are a type of spline.  I think they're easier
to specify, and they're piecewise smooth across control points.
For camera animations, that means that the velocity is smooth
from one portion of the curve to the next.  Each control point
is specified by a point and vector and the direction and
magnitude of the vector (again for something like a helicopter)
determines the speed it's traveling both into and out of the
control point.
I know about splines, but hermites are more the way I tend to
think about animations...

Emory