POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Silly idea ? : Re: Silly idea ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:00:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silly idea ?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Sep 2002 04:38:04
Message: <3D8ADE68.2AFAD5D9@gmx.de>
Le Forgeron wrote:

> [...]
>
> So far, It won't be a pattern as we know it (so a name might be needed,
> and any suggestion is welcome), but is there any interest for the concept ?
> Or can it already be done with the actual feature and there is therefore
> no need to patch ?

In fact that seems nothing more than the previously proposed custom vector
function and the possibility to use the intersection information (ray,
normal) in functions. The latter involves the problem that the function
will only be defined on an object surface - just like the slope pattern
which results in various problems.

Custom vector functions will probably not be that easy (at least according
to what Thorsten said, i did not look into that matter more deeply) but
surely not impossible.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,