POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:55:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Sep 2002 06:51:14
Message: <3D7F2022.35006A54@gmx.de>
ABX wrote:

> Yes, 'path' sounds nice. So one vote for 'connection' and one for 'path'. Any
> other vote? My heart is now for 'path_type FLOAT' becouse it is made with
> short words and I don't like that I have to reserve new token for every new
> type of interpolation. There are also subtypes for interpolations when I can't
> choose nice names. For example there are two toroidal connection types: one by
> Ron Parker and one by Slime (IIRC). Making type float is better IMO. What do
> you think?

'path_type FLOAT' seems fine, i agree using a float to specify the type is
a good idea, like with image_map map_type.

If you don't want to introduce a new keyword at all you could use 'method'
like in media but it would be quite difficult to understand.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______