POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:50:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Sep 2002 06:12:41
Message: <3D7F1759.2070203@free.fr>
ABX wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:21:01 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
> wrote:
>
>>In the case of sphere_sweeps, don't you define a path it shall sweep on?  So
>>maybe call it "path" or "path_type".
>>

> Yes, 'path' sounds nice. So one vote for 'connection' and one for 'path'. Any
> other vote? My heart is now for 'path_type FLOAT' becouse it is made with
> short words and I don't like that I have to reserve new token for every new
> type of interpolation. There are also subtypes for interpolations when I can't
> choose nice names. For example there are two toroidal connection types: one by
> Ron Parker and one by Slime (IIRC). Making type float is better IMO. What do
> you think?
>
> ABX

My vote, if you care, would go for 'path' but no float, a keyword for
each type/kind. (do you really remember by looking at the SDL that there
is various projection for image (using map_type) and which number
correspond to what kind ?
I do not. If you do (without looking at the help file or code),
please fill the following form to describ map_type in image_map:

  default value:
  0 :
  1 :
  2 :
  3 :
  4 :
  5 :
  6 :

I will check it later against the documentation!!