POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 0.99 released : Re: Pyvon 0.99 released Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:36:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 0.99 released
From: Roz
Date: 11 Sep 2002 00:55:04
Message: <3D7ECD06.9000304@netscape.net>
Fabien HENON wrote:
> at :
>
> http://pyvon.sourceforge.net

Wow, you've put a lot of work into this Fabien. I had no problems
downloading it and installing it following the directions on the
installation page on your web site. I noticed you already changed
the filenames to be all lowercase. I think that's easier for
people to deal with. You'll probably want to update the installation
page with all lowercase command examples too if you haven't already.

The screen split nicely between the editing window and the streams
window. I opened a filename with a space in it and it rendered
fine. I tested some of the stuff from the insert menu and that all
worked wonderfully as well :)

The only problem I had isn't a big thing, just a little odd. If I
ctrl-c a line of text near the top of a file, then ctrl-v a line
or several lines below, the whole file in the editor window scrolls
down about a screenful. Another odd thing with copy-pasting is
if I copy a line, then paste it, then cut (ctrl-x) a different
line and paste it, I end up pasting the earlier line I had copied,
not the cut line. I hope that makes sense ;)  It's as if the
ctrl-x operation is not replacing the copy buffer.

All in all I'd say the program is working really well :)

Btw, I'm running it under Redhat 7.1 if you're interested.

-Roz