POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error rendering scattering media : Re: TV & movie animation (was Re: Error rendering scattering media) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TV & movie animation (was Re: Error rendering scattering media)
From: Gwen & Emory Stagmer
Date: 10 Sep 2002 10:22:02
Message: <3D7E012D.2F7BBA8D@comcast.net>
Tom,
   Here's the URL for their submission guidelines:
http://www.techtv.com/eyedrops/story/0,24330,3373159,00.html
I just picked the highest numbers...They don't give
(in my opinion) enough info - no fps numbers for instance.
I picked 15, though 30 is surely smoother.  They say
the want MPEG or Quicktime, but there are about a million
parameters for both of them and no guidelines as to any
specifics.  I posted a question to TechTV 2 weeks ago,
but don't really expect an answer.  Probably what I'll
get is a "hey that's cool, but we can't show it because
you didn't do <THIS>" response when I send the stuff in...
:^\
BTW: NONE of the movies you see in the theatre are ray-traced.
They use very different techniques, although I think I
remember reading that they are using some ray-tracing
techniques in small areas.  The usenet group
comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing gets read by a few
guys at Pixar and they contribute regularlly!

The video is called "Ezekiel's Wheel".  It's actually
a music video for my band (same name).  I've been
playing with the concept for 3 YEARS, but never got
motivated to finish it, because I never had a forum
to get it out to the public.  I was watching EyeDrops
about 6 weeks ago and had one of those head-smacking
moments! DUH! Put the video on EyeDrops!  ;)
You can download the soundtrack from:
  http://www.untiedmusic.com/ezekiel/ezekiel.html
Click on the ear to listen...

Emory
  Bass/12string/windsynth for Ezekiel's Wheel