POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Sep 2002 10:05:57
Message: <3D7DFC44.6B1C7ECB@gmx.de>
ABX wrote:

> Any idea for nice name for interpolation without interpolation ?
> In my rewrtitten sphere_sweep module I have added additional types for
> interpolations. One of them is something like "no interpolation" - it makes
> set of spheres without connections - then in fact it works for spheres just
> like mesh for triangles - have own internal bounding hierarchy, shares data
> between instances and reserves memory only for center, radius and pointer to
> texture. My problem is that I don't know how to call this kind of
> interpolation. I don't like the
>   no_interpolation
>   interpolation off
>   spline off
> and have no language experience to choose anything better than
>   no_spline
> [...]

I think it should have 'connection' somewhere.  This clearly shows there
is no connection at all between the spheres and not just no interpolation
(which could mean anything).

How about:

connection off | linear_spline | cubic_spline | ...

BTW this sounds like a very interesting feature after all.  I'm just
rendering a 6000 spheres mechanical simulation and it's taking ages (not
for the simulation but for the render).

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,