POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error rendering scattering media : TV & movie animation (was Re: Error rendering scattering media) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  TV & movie animation (was Re: Error rendering scattering media)
From: Tom A
Date: 10 Sep 2002 09:54:05
Message: <3D7DF97E.EDBFD60F@my-deja.com>
Gwen & Emory Stagmer wrote:

> If anyone can confirm this on another platform and/or suggest a
> work-around, it would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Just FYI, this is an animatic for a 2+ minute animation I hope
> to get on TechTV's EyeDrops show.  I have 1:45 of the video rendered
> at 720x540@15fps - now up to about 10 CPU DAYS of rendering time...

Sorry, no help for your problem (I'm just starting to get a working
knowledge of media - I still don't understand most of the keywords for
them), but I did have some questions on your project.

Is that a typical size for a TV animation?  What format do they want it
(avi? MPG?)  What do you use to put the frames together?

I saw Shrek on the big screen last weekend, and watched the background -
the blades of grass were done individually, the leaves were great, the
pine trees looked great (all things I've played with recently).  Does
anyone know what kind of resolution a feature film takes?

Thanks.

--
Tom A.
When scientist say they're making a "quantum leap" it