POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error rendering scattering media : Error rendering scattering media Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Error rendering scattering media
From: Gwen & Emory Stagmer
Date: 10 Sep 2002 08:17:56
Message: <3D7DE417.8DE00E20@comcast.net>
I am doing an animation translating a scattering media
(bozo'd) 'through' a solid.  At frame 1, only one of the
objects is affected.  Subsequent frames show all the
solid, filled objects affected.  The effect looks like
some kind of scan line error.  A much older post that
seemed to indicate a similar error referred to a 'lathe bug'.
What I'm seeing may help to finally nail that one down
if it's the same or a related problem.

A ZIP file containing the POV,INI,necessary INC and GIF
files to re-render the scene and several frames from
the animation showing the problem are on my webserver:
http://www.untiedmusic.com/media_error.zip
(It's about a 500K file)

PovWin 3.5
Pent 4 1.2GHz, 256MB RAM
Win Nt 4 SP 6

If anyone can confirm this on another platform and/or suggest a
work-around, it would be greatly appreciated!

Just FYI, this is an animatic for a 2+ minute animation I hope
to get on TechTV's EyeDrops show.  I have 1:45 of the video rendered
at 720x540@15fps - now up to about 10 CPU DAYS of rendering time...

Emory Stagmer
  Executive Producer, UnTied Music
  Bass/12string/windsynth for Ezekiel's Wheel
    http://www.untiedmusic.com