POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray and Apache : Povray and Apache Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Povray and Apache
From: James B  Muir
Date: 9 Sep 2002 13:40:12
Message: <3D7CDCFA.74FEDDC0@hitchcock.org>
Hi All,

I just installed Povray 3.5 on my linux box (SUSE 8.0), and want to get
it running from a CGI script within Apache. The CGI script works very
nicely until I try to run it within Apache. In that case, the povray
image is not created. I've checked to make sure that the Apache user
(wwwrun, nogroup) can read the following:

/tmp/image.pov                             - my  input povray script.
/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/povray.ini   - my ini file.

and wwwrun has write access to /tmp since the CGI script creates the
image.pov file. I have modified the $PATH environment variable to search
the povray directories. I use the +I and +O options for imput and
output.

For some reason the /tmp/image.png output file is not created. I have
the feeling it's probably something obvious that I've overlooked.

What unix environment variables must be defined in order for Povray to
work?

Has any one gotten povray to work from within apache? What am I missing?

Thanks for any help on this matter.
-James