POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Command Line POV-Ray 3.5 GUIEXT. : Re: Command Line POV-Ray 3.5 GUIEXT. Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:38:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Command Line POV-Ray 3.5 GUIEXT.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Sep 2002 12:38:28
Message: <3D7CCE84.C543B57@gmx.de>
Andrew Wilcox wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I finally, gotmy GUIEXT working that can run POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 from
> the command-line, and let POV stay in the background.  I need to test it a
> little more, and add a couple of minor DLL calls, but other than that it's
> pretty much done.
>
> Here's my question.  I've never actually released software to the public
> before, and I'd like to do this in a way, that won't allow people to abuse
> POV-Ray.  How do I go about setting up a license agreement, etc?  I'd also
> like to have someone on the POV team look at it before I released it, so
> they can have some input.  It still requires POV to start and show it's
> splash screen once, but after that POV is happy to remain in the background.

I think it's a good idea in general.  I would make the program print a
text similar to the one generated by the command line version.  I don't
know much about the GUI extensions, but printing the statistics after the
render would also be a good idea if possible.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______