POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Place and orient objects along spline : Re: Place and orient objects along spline Server Time
21 May 2024 19:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Place and orient objects along spline
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 5 Sep 2002 19:49:23
Message: <3D77EDC6.7000802@enter.net>
ABX wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:40:31 +0100, "Andrew Cocker" <mai### [at] andrewcockercouk>
> wrote:
>
>>i don't want to have to abandon this idea and use sphere_sweeps
>>for the cables.
>

> BTW, I'm currently working on completly rewrite of sphere_sweep module. I hope
> in my implementation they will be much better. I use bounding hierarchy for
> segments, optimized and correct bounding boxes, component texturing, shared
> memory for copies etc, etc.
>
> ABX

Hear hear! This is very welcome news!

I played with sphere_sweeps recently and it was my initial experience
that manual bounding was pretty much required if you wanted to stay
sane. They are such a promising new primitive it is good to hear that
better auto-bounding is being worked on.

--
@C[$F];
The Silver Tome ::  http://www.silvertome.com