POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Objects in camera : Objects in camera Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Objects in camera
From: Tom A
Date: 3 Sep 2002 20:00:44
Message: <3D754D2C.4902973A@my-deja.com>
I did a few quick searches, and didn't see anything - so if someone
already answered this, just point me to the answer.

I'm placing a large bunch of objects into my animation scene.  Obviously
only some of them are going to be on screen at from a particular view.
Does anyone know of a way to determine if a particular point is in the
camera's viewpoint?

(I'm not worried about objects behind objects - but I'm trying to place
trees on a hillside, and if I didn't have to parse the ones that aren't
on camera at the moment, it would probably speed things up.  A small
render I did the other day ran for two hours - at that rate, I'll never
get an animation done. :-(

Thanks for any help.  I'm not too bad at regular math - it's the 3d
stuff that gets me.

--
Tom A.
When scientist say they're making a "quantum leap" it