POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Roz
Date: 3 Sep 2002 14:07:28
Message: <3D74FAB2.6010401@netscape.net>
ABX wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2002 14:07:27 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>Any opinions?
>

> My opinion is that this whole thread sounds interesting but sad for community.
> Personally I don't like when people not agree so much becouse it can influence
> cooperation :-(
>
> ABX

It's been an amazing thread and has gotten totally out of control and
off-topic.
I rarely post unless I feel I can help someone (usually in the Linux
dept) or
if I can help shed some light on the conversation. I'm a POV-Ray newbie so I
feel I'm not qualified to help people with POV related questions yet,
but I'm
working on it ;)

When I did make a post in an attempt to clarify a point, the reply I
received
was insulting. That made me depressed about the POV newsgroups and the
community atmosphere (or lack of) resulting in this thread. I kind of feel
bad for Warp who spent a bunch of his time fixing up the VFAQ, asking for
opinions on the changes, then getting flamed to death :(  For the record
Warp, the changes look good!

Hopefully, people can stop arguing about semantics, let this thread die and
get back to POVing!

-Roz