POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k) : Re: Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k) Server Time
15 May 2024 13:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Sep 2002 13:51:09
Message: <3D74F68D.386A557D@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> > Another idea i have been thinking about is adaptive count.  This would
> > mean when taking a sample the program shoots a minimum number of rays,
> > analyzes their results and decides whether to shoot more.
>
>   ...but that would be ideal for lazy raytracers like me. I always prefer
> these things to be automatic (because if they depend on my knowledge of
> inner working, I'm lost).

But it would not have the same effect.  With the demonstrated technique i
intended to give the user a tool to do something about specific artefacts
by locally increasing the count value.  The adaptive method would (if it
works, i have not tried yet) increase quality in general while not
increasing render time too much.  Without doubt this would be useful, but
it would not be a replacement for the other technique.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______