POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Roz
Date: 2 Sep 2002 21:11:03
Message: <3D740C79.9090505@netscape.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3D7### [at] netscapenet> , Roz <Rzl### [at] netscapenet>
> wrote:
>

>>>They allow designers to destroy web pages with tons of bandwidth wasting
>>>clutter.  Try the current www.sun.com for example.  It is much better than
>>>the old one and works perfectly without stylesheets.  The only thing that
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I was referring to when I pointed out that sun's site does have
a stylesheet. That's all I meant.

>>>looks not so nice is the graphics some stupid designer added assuming
>>>stylesheets are available everywhere.  So it is very possible to design a
>>>page that looks good without stylesheets, one just has to remove access to
>>>it from stupid designers who have no clue about information presentation.
>>
>>I just visited www.sun.com and looked at the source code. They are using
>>a stylesheet, it's just an embedded one.
>

> I did not say they don't:  "The only thing that looks not so nice is the
> graphics some stupid designer added assuming stylesheets are available
> everywhere."
>
> If you cannot read you need help.  Please get it.

Sigh. Did I personally attack you Thorsten? I was only trying to clarify
a point about sun's site. Your statement about it working perfectly without
stylesheets sounded like it didn't have them at all. If you re-read your
post, you can see it can be taken in several ways.

Stylesheets are just a tool of the web site designer. How it's used can
lead to sites that are easier for visitors to navigate and read the
content. Or it can lead to really obnoxious sites. It all depends on the
web designer. Perhaps your beef should be with bad design rather than the
tools themselves. I think a lot of web designers feel like their sites
are leaning more towards artistic presentation rather than plain vanilla
book-like text only. It really depends on what the site is all about.

-Roz