POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : flushing : Re: flushing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flushing
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 2 Sep 2002 20:07:57
Message: <3D73FC8E.4080506@enter.net>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> how can I flush #debug stream, so i.e.
> #debug "."
> will NOT wait until next "\n" ?

It sounds as if you want to do some kind of mock "progress bar"
type thing in your #debug stream? That is, something like:

Calculating........

Where the number of dots increases as the calculation progresses?

If so, it's possible the '\r' escape sequence will help. I've used
it to return to the beginning of a line w/o line feed for some
projects, so what you would do is #declare a string (let's call
it "dMessage") containing the string "Calculating.." Each pass
through concat a ".", then do...

#debug concat("\r",dMessage)

--
@C[$F];