POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems of the unexpirienced. : Re: Problems of the unexpirienced. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems of the unexpirienced.
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 28 Aug 2002 08:41:34
Message: <3D6CC491.6090405@videotron.ca>
Tom Melly wrote:
> "Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
>

>>In other words i meant technical abilities are a requirement for creating
>>a scene at all while artistic abilities are only required for making a
>>good scene.
>>

> Ah!
>
> Okay then - (slightly) different question - where composition is going to be an
> important feature of the final image (i.e. you're not just arsing about), is
> there anyone who leaves the composition until last?

Not really, but I might create a scene with placeholders (boxes, etc...)
and then work on the individual bits in a test scene, and come back to
the scene once the objects are mostly done to finnagle with lighting and
camera position.  But as you said, it usually starts with a "vision" of
the final product anyways.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }