POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue? : Re: *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue?
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 23 Aug 2002 12:39:45
Message: <3D666521.A5B6CEE@aol.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In what way is a *.mcr file different from an *.inc file other than the
> different extension -- obviously in no way, so why not simply use *.inc in
> the first place?

I didn't mean to cause a big debate here. The point is that I distingush
between includes for things like textures, meshes etc.(inc), and macros (mcr).
If I need to find one of my macro files in a hurry, it would be nice to see
them all listed by extension. Also, I would like to be able to have "mcr" be a
Save As option. There is no real programming reason, only an ease of use one.