POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Odd Focal Blur Effect : Odd Focal Blur Effect Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Odd Focal Blur Effect
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 22 Aug 2002 08:18:59
Message: <3D64D685.FBA7D46@aol.com>
I have come across something that I have never seen mentioned. When
using focal blur in the past, I have always made the focal_point and the
look_at the same. In a recent image, however, for artistic effect, I
made a change. I had an object off to the side of the look_at point and
made it the focal_point, leaving a good distance between the two. When I
applied focal blur, the area in focus was a meandering horizontal swath
across the image, rather than the more circular region you would expect.
There are probably some interesting possibilities there...