POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV Version 1 is ready * Distribute your picture over 600 CPU's or render it on your DUAL Board : Re: -> Ken Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: -> Ken
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Aug 2002 07:46:16
Message: <3D5CE619.8030905@free.fr>
ABX wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:20:05 +0200, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>

>>and there is already so much patches!!!
>>

> There is only 6 patches but multiplied by categorization.

The first time I looked at it, there were only three. And that was not
so long time ago. Today 6, looks like they are multiplying like rabbits.

> I have list of about ten patches to do but I'm limited becouse can't setup my
> favourite enviroment at home. I wonder if I should add place to my site where
> people could add requests and own plans.

That would be a good idea, avoiding people to go in a somehow similar
direction with not-compatible ideas.

Then you would get a tons of non-programmers pushing for one or another
on your agenda!
Soon, opposite supporters will make riot and kidnap free programmers.

>>At this rate, even starting to think about 4.0 is a lost of time: by the
>>time the first decision is made, there would be a huge amount of patches...
>>

> Should patch writers stop ?

No, of course not.
It would just make the work of povteam more difficult if the concepts
are moving too much.
I believe there will be a high number of patches right after the source
code, and then things will calm down. Then it will be time...