POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Portfolio 3.5] Strange stone : [Portfolio 3.5] Strange stone Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  [Portfolio 3.5] Strange stone
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Aug 2002 02:46:52
Message: <3D560870.55FF86B6@free.fr>
I rendered the portfolio and I have a strange feeling about t_1stones47.png
(i.e. T_Grnt16a). The image is mainly black, with two very small spot of dark grey,
whereas the text in the include file would give a far clearer texture:
Cream Rose & light moss (again?)

I believe it's not a gamma problem (because I can see the texture of T_Grnt15 and
T_Grnt17 which are very dark on a badly set system).

On Windows, Display_Gamma = 1 (thanks to hardware correction at the card level)
On Linux, Display_Gamma = 2.7

I believe the problem might come from the high transmit values (1.0) for most of
the map.

Also, rendering with 3.5 and 3.1 the following scene seems to indicates that it
should have been a filter, not a transmit (rgbf instead of rgbt)!

#include "colors.inc"
#include "stones1.inc"

plane { z,-1 texture { T_Grnt16a } }

light_source { <20,20,20>,1 }
camera { location 0 look_at -z }

sphere { <0,0,-10>,3 pigment { White } }

--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/