POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF not lighting properly? : Re: HF not lighting properly? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF not lighting properly?
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 9 Aug 2002 21:03:22
Message: <3D54667A.3030503@enter.net>
Ron Parker wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:14:54 -0400, Charles Fusner wrote:
>
>>to the dead middle of the heightfield. Never understood why the
>>sample file "hfclip.pov" in the /scenes directory went about
>>this same effect the (extremely) hard way. (shrug) Seems to
>>work.
>

> That's because hfclip.pov dates from a time when heightfields were
> not suitable for CSG.

Ah, that would explain it. It probably also explains why it uses
a quadic cylinder instead of the cylinder primitive. Must be from
Age of Legends. :)  How about that? POV-Ray comes with its own
archeology dig! ("I say! Look here, old man. What a fascinating
relic of Pre-Cylindrical Era POV. Shall we have it coding dated,
or crate it straight back to the museum?"). <g>

--
@C[$F];
The Silver Tome ::  http://www.silvertome.com