POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Multilingual Documentation Project : Re: Multilingual Documentation Project Server Time
15 May 2024 21:55:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multilingual Documentation Project
From: Ken
Date: 5 Aug 2002 10:04:39
Message: <3D4E8655.591C88FE@pacbell.net>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> >   If the list of workers will be really big I will setup some mail-driven
> >   list or ask the team for use povray.documentation.inbuilt or separated
> >   group on this server.

That's what those groups are for. Use them. The POV-Team is clearly
dedicated to reaching a large multi-national user base and it is
these kinds of things that will help that goal.

>   Well, an official support is always nice. There is also the group
> p.international, which is not much used and perhaps can serve to coordinate
> your (very interesting) project.  Also, perhaps the multilingual system can
> reside at povray.org, if it is going to be a single system for all the
> translations. This can be really great too, but I'm willing it's too much
> work for the Team.

If it is a simple matter of hosting at povray.org I can try to pull some
strings with the POV-Team. If not officialy sponsered at povray.org we might
be able to offer them as a seperate resource unnofficialy from the TAG
website. You guys have a lot of work to do before we worry about hosting
though....

--
Ken Tyler