POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. : Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff.
From: Hermann Voßeler
Date: 2 Aug 2002 20:06:40
Message: <3D4B1C07.8070209@webcon.de>
Mike wrote:
> Aha! I think I finally get it.

"mid air collision" :-)
I tried to explain it further with my previous post,
but you alredy got how it works.

> Now, I'll see if I can get angle to do something with my panoramic
> cameras...

If you excuse my shameless plug,
maybe, you want to have a look at the test images
for my stereo-patch. Of course, this page is focused
on how my stereoscopic camera behaves, but a bit more
down on this page there are some images renderd with
POV 3.5 builtin cameras "panoramic", "cylinder",
and "ultra-wide-angle". As you can see, the
"cylinder" camera has problems retaining the
given aspect ratio.

http://www.geocities.com/StereoPOV/camtest.html

Hermann Vosseler