POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to move a torus? : Re: Is it possible to move a torus? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to move a torus?
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 2 Aug 2002 14:42:50
Message: <3D4AD28B.126EA1F3@aol.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> You could have just used x, y, and z, though the logic for finding the
> axis would be a bit more complex. Best would be something like this,
> which can use any axis (rearranged the parameters to be more consistent
> with the built-in shapes):

You know, this is almost shaping up like an argument to modify the syntax
of the torus object. You would, of course have to still call the original
version by its name for backwards compatibility, but a torus2 object might
be nice to have. I have always thought that it was odd that torus was the
only primitive that could not be placed without a transformation anywhere
else than at the Origin.