POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it the effect of my age? : Re: Is it the effect of my age? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it the effect of my age?
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 25 Jul 2002 12:25:52
Message: <3D40268E.909@bellsouth.net>
Fidel viegas wrote:
> I don't think this has anything to do with age. It happens to us all. Have
> you ever heard of the right and left side of the brain?
> Well, that is exactly it. The left side of the brain is in command all the
> time. That is, when you are trying to think of something and nothing comes
> out. Whenever you are not thinking your right brain takes over and comes up
> with the ideas floating around your sub-conscience. This usually happens
> during the night.

I disagree; both sides of the brain are active all the time, it just
happens that one or the other side is better at processing signals in
certain ways, i.e. symbolic vs. literal.  Both work together when you
'think', but how much each side does varies from moment to moment.
When you are retiring for the night, different areas of the brain do
different things, and this transition can trigger pieces of memories
in such a way that you connect them together and have new ideas.
This is by no means what is actually happening, but seems a reasonable
explanation.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com