POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity doesn't take double_illuminate into account? : Re: Radiosity doesn't take double_illuminate into account? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity doesn't take double_illuminate into account?
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Jul 2002 16:11:19
Message: <3D2F37E5.5010400@caltel.com>
I just tested my lamp scene in the official release and it works fine.

Double_illuminate doesn't work as completely as it should with radiosity
yet. Say you make a triangle sitting up straight from a plane. You give
it a basic texture and add double_illuminate. Now you take a spotlight
and shine it onto the ground to one side of the triangle, making sure
not to shine any of it on the triangle. On the side the light is on, you
would expect to see reflected light on the triangle, right? Well, you
do, but on the other side, you see nothing, even though the triangle
double-illuminates. This is different than shining a light directly onto
the triangle and seeing the light reflect onto the ground. You can
overcome this by setting recursion_limit to 2 in the radiosity block.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom