POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... : Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Jun 2002 07:17:16
Message: <3D145CBD.3F8E7EBF@gmx.de>
You're both right. Using C# to write own programs is no
act against purism... ;-)

But I like to think of POV-Ray like I think of JAVA:
Once the script is finished, anybody who has POV-Ray,
and is thus the probably only person interested in the
script I've written for POV-Ray (why should a 3D-Gamer
be interested in a non I/O particle system, when my
methods are of no use to him?), can actually run it.
With C#, I'd probably have to compile it for Unix, Linux,
Mac and whatnot (I'm not too sure about all those, but we
all know that different systems aren't fully compatible)...

That's why I like to keep my code in POV-SDL, though I do
think that there could be some way to manage to get the
source-codes compatible. Somehow. Hope so at least.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde