POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... : Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections...
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 21 Jun 2002 13:36:22
Message: <3D136411.1020006@caltel.com>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> I'll think about it, but on the other side, I'm a purist... ;-)

I justify using external scene creation utilities by:
1. seeing just how long a scene can take to render if you use POV to
figure out complex coordinates for vector coordinates and objects such
as meshes
2. realizing that POV supports all kinds of file types for a reason

I'm afraid if I start down the road of absolute purism (a redundant
statement, I know :) I'll be forced to try and take the brute-force
apporach to everything, making the render times skyrocket.
I guess I like to take shortcuts if it doesn't drastically reduce the
quality of the scene!

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom