POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why Pov does not : Re: Why Pov does not Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why Pov does not
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 21 Jun 2002 08:30:44
Message: <3D131BF6.8060204@wanadoo.be>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>>  Warning: Camera is inside a non-hollow object. Fog and participating media
>>  may not work as expected.
>
> Which is the warning we are talking about and which is given as expected,
> right?  Or am I missing something?  I am not aware of any other non-hollow
> object warning that involves media and exists in 3.1 ...

No, I thougth it would be nice for new users if Pov issued a warning
when a scene specifies a media for the interior of a non hollow object.

something like :
box{
   -1, 1
   material{
     texture{pigment{color rgbf 1}}
     interior{ media{Media}}
   }
   // would be much better with hollow somewhere in box
}

could perhaps issue a warning, even if it is legal and will behave as
expected (for an experienced user).

I knew the "camera in non hollow object" warning and it is that one thes
made me wonder about a "media in non hollow object" warning. I was
pretty sure there isn't one in Pov 3.1, that's why I posted here and not
in p.b-t.

I know it is a feature request (and that it is a bit late for that), but
I thought it is a simple one and one that could alleviate the
support/complaints mail charge for the team.

Povingly,

Philippe