POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... : Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Jun 2002 05:00:22
Message: <3D12EB26.464033EA@gmx.de>
> Simple and lazy solution: use vturbulence on grid with maximal value of
> tubulence adjusted to step of grid - no data storing, one pass.

I did that some time ago, and IMHO you can actually see that
you've used a grid. The random distribution method makes clutters
possible, and sometimes, an object may be placed which makes
it impossible to place maximum amount of objects, nontheless,
thats quite natural.

> More advanced solution: use probability patterns with speedup of testing and
> placing realized with help of "precompiled" functions.

I'm not sure what you mean with this... Preprocessing the heightfield and
trying to predict, how many objects may be placed where, and
then trying to place objects?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde