POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... : Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 20 Jun 2002 20:24:40
Message: <3D127243.1FA11FD7@gmx.de>
> ... That way, when POV goes to render the scene, it
> doesn't take an enormous amount of time. ...

By the way, I added a debug which tells me on which object-number
its working on... Now, with 5000 being the limit set by the user,
its neat watching the numbers run at the beginning, and then,
sometimes it occurs that the loop needs to run again for the same
ID (cause it didn't find a valid spot). It runs the loop up to
300 times (again, set by the user), until it concludes that all
positions it would probably come up with, are invalid.

Every now and then... POP, some numbers trickle through. I'm
thinking about adding a Highscore, which keeps track of how many
reruns the loop made for one ID. Though the limit is obviously not
to be beaten (it stops then), after running through the file, you could
see if its perhaps worth to run using the already given data and search
for some more positions...

Hm. That reminds me. I need to add some switch in order to not
completely delete the old data, but use it as basis for further
calculations...

Could become a funny macro-set. When you start Windows,
POV-Ray is set to autostart those macros, and tries to generate
new positions until it will finally give up at an incredible amount
of reruns. How to tackle that POV does write only entire
vectors to disk (not interrupting it from writing a vector
midway) would be difficult though...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde