POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... : Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm-approach to eliminate intersections...
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Jun 2002 19:16:41
Message: <3D126253.3050705@caltel.com>
When I wanted to tackle this problem I made a program in a completely
different language that randomly placed points without letting each
one's radius intersect any of the other's. The program then spit out an
array for POV to read. That way, when POV goes to render the scene, it
doesn't take an enormous amount of time. I never took the prgram to the
next step: allowing different-sized objects. You can check out the saved
coordinates in my post to povray.binaries.scene-files, titled
Pre-calculated, Spaced Vectors.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom