POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Straight-on wide camera : Re: Straight-on wide camera Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Straight-on wide camera
From: leming
Date: 16 Jun 2002 16:37:56
Message: <3D0CF648.3070702@spamthis.com>
Warp wrote:
>   AFAIK ultra_wide_angle and panoramic are precisely designed for very wide
> images. You should try them (try with different values for 'angle' until
> it looks good).

I have tried both ultra_wide_angle and panoramic, and personally I dont
like playing with the angle value trying to find what looks good, its a
waste of time. But the orthographic with the right and up values seems
to work good, I just have to narrow down the values so it fits how it
needs to. But otherwise, its what I was looking for with the parallel
rays instead of originating from a point, before I didn't know about
changing the up and right values like that (dont think its mentioned in
the manual, and I've never used orthographic before).

All in all, thanks everyone.
--
Kevin