POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anti-aliasing option. : Re: Anti-aliasing option. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing option.
From: Hermann Vosseler
Date: 9 Jun 2002 13:51:16
Message: <3D039344.2010206@web.de>

Warp wrote:
>   I think that it would require that if the ray hits the object which has
> to be antialieased for the first time in the current line, we have to go
> back one pixel and render it again antialiased.
>   And thinking about it, it would also require rendering the same pixel in the
> previous line again the first time we hit the object vertically.

If we realy wanted such a feature, wouldn't it be better to define
it based on pixel rows/columns, analogous to the "partial render"
feature alredy found in POV?
And then, of course, there could be a preprocessing step
to derive the columns/rows of the bounding box of a given object.

Hermann Vosseler