POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : access violation exception : Re: access violation exception Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: access violation exception
From: Jim Charter
Date: 5 Jun 2002 21:27:07
Message: <3CFEBA66.6020102@aol.com>
Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked the scene files and they all have
open permission. Also, the render will run ok if I turn off
anti-aliasing, or eliminate most of the objects, or zoom the camera out
so that the objects only take up a small proportion of the image area.
So it would seen that the component files can all be accessed okay.  The
scene consists of 15 mesh2 objects, 14 grapes and a grape stem.  The
grapes stem is textured with a uv map, the grapes are textured with
media interiors. The stem renders okay by itself.  The problems seem to
start when I specify anti-aliasing with too many objects or over too
much of the image area.

All other things being equal, how does specifying anti-aliasing increase
the demand on resources.  I would have guessed it just requires more
computations. Does it require more memory?