POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More Balls (623+376k) : Re: More Balls (623+376k) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:51:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Balls (623+376k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Jun 2002 12:32:20
Message: <3CFE3D13.67FAF7DE@gmx.de>

> > I plan to have a block in global_settings - just like radiosity for
> > example - to set the simulation parameters and starting conditions and
> > make the simulation data (i.e. positions and velocities) available in the
> > POV-Script with some function.
>
> Good idea unless you don't limit it for one system per scene. Otherwise what
> about animated eschered scenes where everything fails in different directions?
> The thing I like in Rune's particle system is that it allows more systems per
> scene.

I don't see much sense in having several systems per scene as long as you
can define all parameters (like gravitation and material properties) on a
per object basis.  The only restriction would be that the integration
parameters (method, timesteps) would be identical for all objects. Note
that this project differs quite significantly from Rune's, it is meant to
simulate real physics, having two systems in the same scene not related to
each other at all would be quite contradictory.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 02 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______