POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More Balls (623+376k) : Re: More Balls (623+376k) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Balls (623+376k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Jun 2002 11:55:14
Message: <3CFE3462.436F4B84@gmx.de>
Hugo wrote:

> [...]
>
> I don't see the actual syntax in my imagination yet.. So far there are no
> build-in features in POV that relates only to animation, unless you count
> the clock variable.. But it will be interesting to see this develop.

I plan to have a block in global_settings - just like radiosity for
example - to set the simulation parameters and starting conditions and
make the simulation data (i.e. positions and velocities) available in the
POV-Script with some function.  I have not yet written such a complicated
patch in the past, but from what i have seen in the POV-Ray 3.1 code this
should be feasible.  There should also be save_file/load_file options to
use data from the last frame and save it for the next.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 02 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______