POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : extents for camera object location??? : extents for camera object location??? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  extents for camera object location???
From: Jeff Nighbert
Date: 3 Jun 2002 09:10:17
Message: <3CFB6AB8.70E250F1@or.blm.gov>
When you do a lot of camera movement with transform rotate spline etc,
its difficult to figure out just exactly where the camera is.  I
attempted to use "extents" but it doesn't allow use of the camera as an
object.

So how do I query pov for the exact camera vector at any given time, if
I can't use extents??  (as a work around I build a serrogate sphere that
I assign the same movement, then use extents to query its location.)

Jeff