POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [linux] height-field problem with ppm input file : [linux] height-field problem with ppm input file Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  [linux] height-field problem with ppm input file
From: Carl Bartels
Date: 31 May 2002 19:19:27
Message: <3CF804FF.729483F6@internet.com>
Haven't been able to find this exact bug in the ng yet.

Using Slackware 8.0 Linux on either a 1.7 GHz P4 or 300 MHz PII,

I get the following error using a ppm file in a height field

>    #declare Big_E = intersection {
>
>    height_field {
>
>      ppm "crest2.ppm" <----ERROR
>
>  Parse Error: Invalid width or height read from PPM image.

The same scene works just fine if I convert the ppm to a png.  The
original scene also worked just fine in megapovplus0.5.whatever
(compiled from source, thanx Mark)
I use ppm format because it allows me to go in with a text editor and
mess with the colours by hand to adjust the height in the height field.
ppm output (for animations and easy mpeg conversion) also works just
fine for me.
--
Carl Bartels, Department of Chemsitry, Mcgill University