POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory consuming...? : Re: Memory consuming...? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory consuming...?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 May 2002 16:58:56
Message: <3CF540FE.6B43B2F5@gmx.de>
No offense!

I read several reports stating that memory usage
increased during animations/interrupted renders,
as if POV-Ray wasn't making all memory available
again after the termination of a render.

I'm not sure of the status of those reports, if
they were confirmed officially, or if something
else might be causing the memory increase.

I just noticed that when POV-Ray is tracing
several scene as animations, my computer at
some point gets sloppy and sometimes finally
crashes.

The purpose is to get some means to actually
check what is going on. Please note that
this post was put in "general", not
"beta-test" and was asking for freeware
programs to monitor memory usage.

I'm aware that you are actually a little "afraid"
of rumours, so I'll be less POV-offensive
the next time, okay? ;)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde