POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible POVWin feature addition : Re: Possible POVWin feature addition Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible POVWin feature addition
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 May 2002 15:25:23
Message: <3CF2880E.3B18535A@gmx.de>
I agree on that one.

"Automatic" and "internet / download" aren't a good combination.
Put a default off, a nice message telling you where to switch it on,
and everyone would be happy.

Regarding some others post of stating what information would
be sent:
I'd say yes, do that, tell us Users what you're doing, but you
have to be aware that people could just tell THIS, but do
THAT.

But, we're talking about POV-Ray here. Its freeware, the
programmers are just neat, and we shouldn't expect anything
bad to happen.
Hm. Well... Does it make POV slower? ;)

--
Tim Nikias