POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible POVWin feature addition : Re: Possible POVWin feature addition Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible POVWin feature addition
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 May 2002 02:36:46
Message: <3CF1D3FD.C461D0F5@gmx.de>
Alan Kong wrote:

>   Hello, all. The POV-Team is considering adding a notification feature
> to the Windows version of POV-Ray. We are aware that some people might
> feel such a feature is intrusive and we are sensitive to issue. Please
> bear in mind that we would not consider adding such a feature if we did
> not think it would benefit both users and the developers.
>
> [...]

I think that's fine.  You maybe should consider an additional dialog when
for the first time doing this and having a "don't ask this question again"
checkbox (although this could be considered as redundant because already
asked during installation).

I would also clearly mention that together with the data about the
computer system no (possibly) identifying data (like IPs) is recorded.
This would also make sure it complies with laws in europe and elsewhere.

BTW, what about the Mac and Linux version?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______