POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere? : Re: How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere?
From: Jeff Nighbert
Date: 21 May 2002 10:26:35
Message: <3CEA5919.71893438@or.blm.gov>
Hi folks-
In regards to fog or media and creating sun streaks:

At this point I am willing to use either but media is probably what I want.
I was just looking for a sample where this phenomena happens.

The other day I was driving up a mountain side and in the trees along the
road  I could see the morning sun streaking through trees into the light fog
that was present.  I thought it was a neat effect.  Also later that day I
could see sun streaks created by clouds at the horizon as they illuminated
the dust and thin clouds that were present.  So I was wondering if anyone
else had seen similar effects and was a sample program available, so I could
create these real-world effects in my renderings.

So any help or advice to create these effects would be greatly appreciated
by all.
Jeff