POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media interaction with Spotlights : Re: Media interaction with Spotlights Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media interaction with Spotlights
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 17 May 2002 20:37:46
Message: <3CE5A23B.85DE1A32@gmx.de>
I've run into that one some weeks ago.

Its about the intervals and samples and such. In an
infinite section, how do you calculate intervals?

This is somehow the reason why only spotlight don't
work, try a fading light... The algorithm of method 3 is,
as far as I know, an adaptive one. But it can only adapt
to things "it" sees. If it cannot spot them (intervals in infinity...),
it cannot adapt properly.

And thus POV probably thinks that the spotlights don't
add too much...

But that's just my interpretation of things, and I'm, no expert
on that. Someone just told me that infinite-space and method 3
don't work very well together on certain occasions.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde