POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : balls simulation (665k) : Re: balls simulation (665k) Server Time
17 May 2024 23:04:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: balls simulation (665k)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 13 May 2002 18:06:42
Message: <3CE03925.3BE94A2@yahoo.com.au>
Nice simulation! Good to see someone take a different approach to particle systems
too.
Do you have an estimate on how much faster/slower your method is compared to the usual
particle system methods?

When I saw Rune's water, I had a similar idea, but did not have the time to persue it.
The balls entering the water lack splashes. I wonder whether you could generate
'water'
particles if ball velocity entering the water exceeds a certain limit. These water
particles could then be treated like other particles, with the exception that they
would be destroyed if they re-entered the pool of water.

MJL