POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : balls simulation (665k) : Re: balls simulation (665k) Server Time
17 May 2024 20:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: balls simulation (665k)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 13 May 2002 17:18:07
Message: <3CE02D6D.5EAFCD2A@gmx.de>
*Snip*

> You can't see this as individual springs, you simply have the potential
> field of the environment and the other bodies and calculate the forces
> from it.

Well, that's an approach similiar to some CFD-models out
there. Instead of using tons of springs, some just use a limited
area for calculation with a 3D-Grid of samples. Samples affect
each other on a neighbouring basis, which I think comes very
close to being a potential field. Its a different approach, nontheless,
its rather particle-amount-independant.

Ah well. Getting off-topic, I think. ;-)

Are you using pure POV, or some C++ "plug-in"?
Hm. Cancel that question. "iso_csg" was mentioned somewhere.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde