POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Computational methods...? : Computational methods...? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Computational methods...?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 May 2002 15:50:15
Message: <3CDEC752.A0126496@gmx.de>
I'm not sure if this belongs into "general" questions,
but its not advanced-users-pov-stuff either, and
not purely off-topc for POV...

I've been hearing a lot about Forward Euler,
Implicit Euler, Runge-Kutta, second- and
third-order terms and what not.

I have no clue what all those are. I do know
that Euler is the most simplest animation process
every one takes, by simply using the algorithms/functions
and moving them one step ahead.
Now, Runge-Kutta and "what not"s are supposed
to keep systems more stable. Anyone have any
reference, links, what ever, for me to get some
more insight, or care to explain it to me?

I did find something about Mid-point Runge-Kutta,
though I'm not yet fully sure that I've understood
it properly.

So, any programmers/mathematiciens out there?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde