POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Functions more than 65535 : Re: Functions more than 65535 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Functions more than 65535
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 May 2002 11:40:09
Message: <3CDE8CD9.AC34C5E1@gmx.de>
"R. Suzuki" wrote:

> I think the limit of functions per scene in POV3.5 is 65535.
>
> I've tried to test the behavior when the number of functions is
> more than 65535.  The below is the test code.
> I expected an error message something like ""Maximum number of
> functions per scene reached." but the current RC crashes.
>
> Win2000, 256M,  both Intel and VC++ compile

Confirmed for Linux RC4 (segmentation fault)

BTW, in the list of limits in docs section 6.1.6.2 am missing something
about the limit of nesting functions, i quite frequently get the error:
'Maximum function evaluation recursion level reached.'

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______